Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Signing off but not out!

Yes it is official my badge now says I am a teacher, not the Head Teacher, as Margie and I have exchanged roles.  I have had an amazing journey over the last 8+ years as Head Teacher at Nayland Kindergarten, and can genuinely say that I have loved every minute of it.

I delight in seeing ex Nayland Kindergarten children and families in the street, in their places of work and popping back into say hi.  Just the other day a young man called out over the kindergarten fence to say hi, and as I stood there looking up at him (all of 6 foot) it reminded me of the many families and children who have been a part of this place during my time. 

I would very much like to thank my work colleagues, Kindergarten Association, children, families, local schools and the wider community for the many opportunities, experiences and fun times.
The best bit is, that I get to stay in "the best job in the world" and continue to be a teacher at Nayland Kindergarten.

Thanks to Philippa for my new photo, she has certainly captured me at play, after all who would not want to play everyday.




No comments: